10-Yard Fight (Nintendo Entertainment System, 1985)
- The first football cartridge on the 8-bit NES, 10-Yard Fight is based on Irem's 1984 arcade game. Viewed from an overhead perspective high above the gridiron, the action involves marching your offense up the field to score points against a series of four computer-controlled defenses. Yet the points in 10-Yard Fight are not derived from traditional scoring rules. Certain actions you accomplish, from completing passes to achieving first downs, add to your overall point total.
10-Yard Fight's other notable feature is that you only control the offense. As quarterback, you can attempt forward passes, lateral the ball to your running back, or run with the ball yourself. If the defense intercepts a pass, you simply continue at a 20-yard deficit. You also have a time limit to deal with, which can be extended by converting first downs. Score within the allotted time and the game automatically advances to the second half. Score again, and you'll face a more challenging team with a shorter amount of time.
- PublisherNintendo of America, Inc.
- eBay Product ID (ePID)170202631
Product Key Features
- Release Year1985
- GenreFootball, Sports
- Game Name10-Yard Fight
Additional Product Features
- Number of Players1-2
- Control ElementsGamepad/Joystick
- Game Name SeriesAdvance Wars